By Allemande Berryman, | 12/27/2017 12:37 PM
Video is quickly becoming one of the most popular marketing tools on social media. They’re quick, interesting to watch, and packed with information. If you haven’t already, start video marketing! One great platform for your videos is Facebook. With over 40% of referral traffic coming from this source it’s a no-brainer to use Facebook for videos.
Here is a quick and simple guide to Facebook video marketing.
- Keep your video to 2 minutes or less
- According to a study by Wistia, viewer engagement begins to drop off considerably after 2 minutes.
- Use native Facebook videos rather than YouTube or another site
- Videos uploaded directly to Facebook receive twice as many views and three times the shares of those coming from a third-party site.
- Make tips and how-to videos
- The most engaged-with videos, according to Buzzsumo’s analysis of 100 million videos, are those where experts show people how to do things for themselves.
- Include text explanation/sub-titles
- With Facebook videos being short and auto playing in mute mode, up to 85% of Facebook video is now watched with the sound off. Add text to make sure your message is getting through.
- Shoot your video vertically
- Vertical videos show up better for those viewing on mobile devices. Vertical videos get 50% more impressions than landscape.
- Add a featured video to your Facebook homepage
- Make the most of your video content by having one of your best videos appear in the About section of your Facebook page
- Have a linked call to action
- Facebook campaigns with a call to action get 185% more click through from customers. Include a link showing them exactly where to go.
- Make the supporting summary easy for skimmers
- Appeal to those with low attention spans who prefer to quickly scan a page before committing to engage with it.
- Keep your intro short
- The average intro text above the video for 10.000 most engaged-with videos from July 2016 to June 2017 was 84 characters.
- Publish often
- Between July 2015 and June 2016, the top 10,000 publishers on Facebook more than doubled their video output. They spotted value in video content so follow their lead.
- Use Facebook ads
- Facebook ads allow very specific targeting of audiences and locations. Use it to make sure your video is landing in the newsfeeds of those you want to reach.
After earning her degree at Simon Fraser University for New Media Journalism and Editing, Allemande has become an accomplished writer and editor. She is also certified in strategic social media marketing. Allemande fluently identifies the channel and content mix that is precisely right for your business and audience, conducts in-depth analytics for continuous improvement in your audience engagement and generation of sales leads, establishes KPIs and related metrics, and prepares meaningful reports that you can quickly action. Connect with Allemande.