Your sales plan is one of the most critical elements of success!
Without sales there is no revenue. Without revenue you have no business. It is just that simple.
What is a Strategic sales plan?
A strategic sales plan maps out the who, what, when, where, why, and how you will achieve sales. Development of a strategic sales plan addresses these issues:
- Definition of products/services to be provided
- Sales objectives quantified as revenue growth and profitability
- Pricing matrix
- Sales and distribution channel
- Realistic sales forecasts
- Typical sales cycles and the sequence of sales stages within the cycle
- Mapping of individual territories by sales rep, region, etc.
- Measurement criteria and targets for sales reps and customer service
- Levels of responsibility and accountability
How We Can Help
Strategis Consulting can assist you to:
- Develop a strategic sales plan
- Provide sales training for your personnel, whether they are field, counter, telephone sales reps, or customer service staff.
- Ramp up your sales lead generation and conversion, using effective online and off-line marketing.
CALL US to learn how you can achieve your sales goals.
More than half of leads given to sales teams are never contacted by a sales rep. Or only once.
39% of leads were never contacted by a sales rep at all
18% were contacted only once
Benchmark of an Effective Sales Plan
- Aligns with strategic business development plan
- Actionable by sales reps, customer service and other personnel
- Focuses on high profit, sustainable markets that promote deeper penetration into existing markets and expansion into new markets
- Describes new product, service or other market opportunities and how these will be introduced to the marketplace
- Establishes measureable milestones for the sales division and for sales staff
- Provides an appropriate level of detail; sufficient to guide the sales team, but not so much that it overwhelms or unnecessarily restricts deal-making at the customer level
- Outlines what periodic reports are required for measurement
Typical sales cycle influences your strategic sales plan
To state the obvious, your target audience doesn’t all of a sudden wake up one morning and decide they are going to buy what you are selling. They move through what is referred to as the sales cycle.
They take a journey that can be described this way:
- Buyer has no problem
- Then they do
- Then they know they need a solution
- Then they consider their options
- Then they choose between those options, and finally they
- Receive the benefits for which they had hoped
Today’s prospects think that the more information they have about a product or service, the better the decision they’ll make. Therefore, the sales cycle from their perspective:
The goal is to get in at the beginning of the buying cycle, when the buyer is gathering facts that relate to his/her problem or need . . . AND STAY THERE! Top of mind awareness is owning the space that your product or service occupies between your prospects ears. Then, when they finally decide to buy, they immediately think of you.
The best way to stay in front of your prospect is to stay in touch. – mail – phone – email or otherwise. Consistently.
These realities, and others, need to be addressed in your strategic sales plan.
Need help with your prospecting?
Want to achieve “top-of-mind” awareness with your target audience?
Would you like to improve your lead generation and sales conversions, while reducing your cost-per-lead?
CALL US to learn how you can achieve your sales goals and your margins and your profits.
Strategis Consulting Group is a single-source marketing and business development consultancy.
We specialize in developing and enhancing clients' online and offline marketing effectiveness. We help clients Aim High, Work Smart and Get Heard.
Strategis Consulting Group Inc.
+1 (604) 420-4120
104-3686 Bonneville Pl,
Burnaby, BC V3N 4T6