Deciding whether or not to allocate a portion of your marketing spend towards local TV advertising depends upon your target demographic/s.
We’re sure you’ve heard the stats about the decline of traditional TV viewership, but did you know this supposed decline is more exclusive to the 12-34 yr old demographic? Nielson data shows that for age groups above that, viewership remains steady. Unless your business offering disregards customers/clients aged 35-65 (and beyond) you should not disregard TV advertising as a viable means to acquire business.
“TV as a traditional medium is still important. When we run a heavy TV schedule, we see a lift in sales and product awareness. We need to run two weeks of digital to get the reach of one day of broadcast..”
Important statistics about TV ads that you need to know about:
- Multiplatform TV advertising has a significant halo effect on search (Google), display, and short-form video advertising within integrated campaigns. 18% of the ROI typically attributed to these three channels actually should be credited to.
(Source: Accenture LLP)
- The combination of TV and digital as a marketing platform delivers a 60% greater ROI when compared to all other combinations.
(Source: Advertising Research Foundation)
All current data regarding TV advertising points to one clear conclusion – when combined with other forms of digital media, the resulting hybrid can create one of the most effective marketing channels possible.
What about radio, you ask? Well, we don’t know about you, but every carpool we’re a part of is backed by a radio soundtrack. For all of the Bluetooth connected vehicles out there, smartphone playlists still take a backseat to the
Important statistics about Radio ads that you need to know about:
- Research shows that radio regularly reaches consumers within two hours of their largest purchase of the day. Think of all of the consumers en route to a shopping destination at this very moment. They certainly can’t check their smartphones anymore while driving, so how else will you reach them in real time, before making a purchase?
(Source: Radio Advertising Bureau)
- More than 90% of consumers (aged 12 and up) listen to the radio each week.
(Source: Just Media)
But again, like with TV and print, it is most effective when packaged with digital media. For example, by using radio ads to either directly or indirectly encourage listeners to find you online (via search), you create a one-two punch that can drive some serious consumer interest.
“Radio potentially reaches a much wider audience, while SEO/SEM helps attract interested prospects who actively seek specific products. By combining these efforts, you can get the best of both worlds. One great example of this is including target keywords in your radio commercial. This helps listeners to remember key words or phrases about your company and will allow them to more easily search for your brand online.”
It’s amazing, and even comforting, to see that the tried and true offline marketing mediums of traditional TV and radio are still relevant in today’s digitized marketplace. However, success hinges upon finding that perfect mix between these mediums and your efforts, which is why Strategis Group is your go-to solution. is comprised of marketing professionals from all disciplines (young and old) and together we know how to customize a marketing solution that will perform for you.
Our TV / Radio Marketing Services:
- The Big Idea
- Scriptwriting / Storyboarding
- TV and radio ad buying
Break Through the Noise Barrier.
Strategis Consulting Group is a single-source marketing and business development consultancy.
We specialize in developing and enhancing clients' online and offline marketing effectiveness. We help clients Aim High, Work Smart and Get Heard.
Strategis Consulting Group Inc.
+1 (604) 836-4143
104-3686 Bonneville Pl,
Burnaby, BC V3N 4T6